Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reflexion day and get travel plans home

Sat May 8th.
Planning to go home (logictics)
I was awaking by the sun from a long night of restless sleep around 730 am. I met Jim for breakfast (ate 6 sausage patties with Heinz %& and they were delicious along with some great scrambled eggs and to discuss “now How do it get out this place to get home?” and let me tell you that it is not that easy.
I had already told him that I wanted to take the helicopter out to save me from walking 3- 4 extra days so he had already checked on this potential situation. The other problem we have is that Katmandu was going through almost the identical situation that BKK had been going through with the “red shirts” It had caused a “strike” in town and the town was only operating on a 12 hour day (6am -6 pm) and things were getting pretty difficult to navigate. Restaurants were running out of food, business running out of fuel etc and the town is on the verge of major shutdown and I want to get back to bkk ASAP.
I think we now know I will walk down to Pangboche and catch a helicopter all the way to KAT now where we were looking at Luckla and then trying the plane ride. I just didn’t want to do this and chance another luggage deal and maybe a deal with bad weather than would keep me in Luckla an extra night.
I am trying now to be back in BKK on Thursday May 13th if all goes well and hopefully be in the US sometime the last part of the month.
I will continue the blog as I traveled home.

1 comment:

  1. Well....you've gone where most can only dream of going (me included!). Thanks for taking us along as you climbed. Call me when you get home.
    Stubbs

    ReplyDelete