Sunday, April 11, 2010

Great Day with the Lama Geshe

We had a great few hours with the Lama Geshe yesterday We all got new necklaces to cover up the mountain safely and have memories to treasure forever.( Yes Ash I have my new one) I got his card and he made me promise I would take picture with it at the top and give it to him to paste on his wall of successful summits. Jim and Nima Tashi have several pictures posted on his wall Let's hope mine will be there soon and maybe I Can present it to him in person.

Didn't sleep well because we discussed and looked at many pictures of the "Ice Fall" yesterday. this is my scariest part and just can't seem to get a handle on it. walking across alum ladders over those bottomless crevasses just scares the hell out of me.

oh well wrestled with it about 3 hours this morning and it will not get any better until i see and feel it so one we go.

Physically feel good so hike should be an easy one today

we have a 4 - 5 hour hike today as things now begin to get a little more serious. Higher altitudes and only days away for the base camp and the adventure turns to hard work and the real reason why we are here.

I am happy that Martin will be here for 5 more days and will even go out into the Ice fall with me for his support.

I appreciate all the support the list of followers are growing daily and I will need all of you to make this journey to the top

1 comment:

  1. I was warming a spot on the sofa in the library this afternoon (Ann was out) reading the titles of some of Martin's climbing books: "Minus 148 degrees", "Mountain Madness", "Die Trying", "Left for Dead" and such like and I wonder, Steve, if you could please write a book when you get back,"I summitted Everest AND IT WAS FUN"!!!! Keep putting one foot in front of the other. love Toffee

    ReplyDelete