Thursday, April 8, 2010

Long walk into Namche

Up at 5 am and breakfast at 630 am

We began our walk about 710am and got here about 1130 am

Great walk. we stayed together because Jim wanted to slow us down and also protect me from getting all the dust in my lungs from the heavy breathing if we walked the normal Martin pace. This was not as important if we were trekking but Jim said if I got the cough now I would never get rid of it over the next 2 months.

It was nice cool walk but very tiring. We gained about 3000 of altitude as we went up and down through the hills. The mountains are just so unbelievable. We got our first view of Everest about 30 mins out of Namache and the wind must have really been blowing at the top but what great imposing view.

We are now here in Namche for a couple of days. Hot shower felt good but the room is cold so they cancel each other out.

We are waiting on our meal and then we will bed down early for a good nights sleep after the long day we had.

I am feeling well and looking forward to my tomato soup tonight

1 comment:

  1. I've heard the expression "eat my dust" and I've even barked it a few times when I first get on the track but I didn't realise you humans actually did it. Seems like you need a few tips to slow him down. Try looking up in a tree and whining for a while and hopping up and down, if he doesn't come back for a look you might need to bark a bit. I've also found it useful to get ahead and trip up other walkers, he has to stop to apologise. My Mrs says there's nothing more depressing than watching his shorts disappearing in the distance with never a backwards glance.
    A bit of Toffee Wisdom:
    Walk confidently in the direction of your dreams knowing that a world of opportunities awaits you. All you need to do is dare to take the first step and all will fall into place perfectly.

    ReplyDelete