Tuesday, April 6, 2010

LONG day at the airport

We went to the airport @ 8 am and was back home at the Malla @ 5 PM.

We went out to the plane once around 11:30 to load but was turned around after about 5 mins due to much wind and clouds.

Jim told an interesting story about how it has been proven over and over that "clouds" and the "Himalayas" don't mix so I was glad to be turned around if they thought the weather was too bad.

What a long day to just sit around a terrible airport that just keep getting worse with the lady on the loud speaker that seemed to be getting louder as the day went on the numbers of repeating the message for sure got be be multiple.

By the time we left I had a terrible headache and just wanted something to eat.We went out an Had some great Indian food and walked about 10 mins back to the hotel

All of our gear moved up so this was a good thing and now we are waiting for the call for the time we have to be back in the morning.

didn't sleep much last night so calling it a night

hopefully tom morrow we will be off again on the trip.

7 comments:

  1. I love the way you talk so casually about things that would scare the crap out of most of us! But that's your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad and I love you. Went by the Herald today and they will run something on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sounded rested today. I will say prayers that ya'll get to fly out today. I know you are ready to get started. Enjoy your time with Martin. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Big Guy:
    Wonderful to know you're really gonna do it. I will follow your every move and want you to know I'm with you every step of the way. It's going to be great knowing someone that has done the "Big One". Very Best of luck!
    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve, Hope you make it up the big hill. Wish I could be there and I'd give those yaks a hurry up. Look after yourself and I'll let you throw me a few sticks when next you visit! If you get to the top I'll give you one of my bonios - now isn't that something to look forward to? Seriously, all the best to you all for a happy and safe trip and come home safe and sound. Toffee

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know how hard is waiting in ktm airport (5 days last year) so i hope the weather will improve
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve,

    We are very proud of you and can't believe we know someone that is climbing,(scaling, whatever you do) Mt. Everest. We are reading your blog every day. We were slow figuring out how to send you a message. We hope you get this one. Good luck, happy trails, blessed traveling, and God be with you. Your mother said that you said you would not be foolish and will know when to stop if that is in your best interest. I hope you will be able to accomplish your dream. We will keep in touch. (We gave Clay your address and he beat us in getting in touch with you.)

    Chick and Sylvia

    ReplyDelete