Sunday, April 4, 2010

What a great 1st day in KAT

The flight was good but it was pretty empty.

I had to pay only 1630 baht for my overweight luggage. I am allowed 60 kilos and I had 65 kilos.

I met Jim at the airport and it was pretty non eventful except the long visa line.

I was so worried about the $35000 cash i was carrying but they waived me right through customs and I gave Jim the cash and that was a relief.

I went to the room to relax before dinner and had 6 2 liter bottles of Mt Dew delivered to my room what a surprise. It was from my friend Wally Berg, the guide I have been climbing with for the past 6 years. what a great gift from a special friend.

The next special thing that happened to me was I saw Martin Glynn in the lobby. The feeling of seeing him was unbelievable. He came in to support me up to base camp. As many of you remember, he was the guy from Brisbane Australia that had to bail out of the climb due to finding cancer on his foot just a few months ago. he is doing well and I am so thankful he will be with me the next 10-12 days. Ann I really appreciate you letting him come.

We had dinner at one of the Sherpa's house tonight and it was a good time in downtown KAT

No comments:

Post a Comment