Saturday, April 24, 2010

personal updates april 24th

Personal April 24th Saturday

Thanks to all who have responded on the blog and I really appreciate all the kind words on the email. Tomorrow is a big day for me and I need all of your encouragement.
My address for personal email is sslaughter@uuplus.net Please only send text as I have scanning to block even large emails of text.
Danny – great story and appreciate the words
Cee- I hope all went well with the store specials. I can’t wait to come and see you guys sometime. I know it is tough with Lida on Vacation love ya Steve
Philippe- thanks to you for always checking on me
Graham- Thanks for your words from “Down Under” I hope all is going well in your business.
Toffee- we are so glad Ann is doing well enough now so she can translate for you again. Your friends have been worried about you and it was Ann who we should have been asking about and not you. Ann Thanks again for letting Martin come to spend time with Jim and me in the Himalayas. We miss him but we know we will see him again soon on a mountain and I hope to see you soon in Brisbane. Take care of yourself, Martin and Toffee but we really know that Toffee will be taking care of you too. Smile.
Claire- Great to hear from you. SO you got to the top of the “Big Granite “Kota Kinabalu. I hope it was drier on you than on me when I did it a few years ago in July. What a miserable up in the monsoon and a miserable trip down slip sliding away on that big granite stone in the monsoon. I hope you found some time to snorkel as I hear it is one of the top places in the world. Looking forward to climbing again soon Talk to Martin about PNG in Oct and see what we can do. I do not keep the phone on at all until I try to call someone. The batteries run down in no time due to the cold. When you get stationary let me know the number and I will call you. Start the number with the “+” sign then I shouldn’t have any problems calling. Take care and safe travels.

caroline- thanks for your comments i miss you and the little Leah take care of yourself

4 comments:

  1. Steve, I am so enjoying keeping up with you through this blog. Your writings are very intriguing. I hope you can continue. I can only imagine how amazing it must be to experience God's creation in such a unique way. I can't wait to sit around Grammy's kitchen table with you and hear all about it. Please know you are loved and prayed for daily in Prattville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. papa i know you are going to have a great day! know that im thinking about you. all the girls say hello and ask about you daily. Alex's says she is going to send you a Mexican surprise when you get home. she is already planning our trip to paris. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will be fine now
    cheer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, so glad you had a safe hike to Camp1! You sounded well and glad you made it with no complications! Keep listening to your body and get some rest today. I know you will do great! You are in my prayers everyday. Love, Ashley

    ReplyDelete