Monday, April 5, 2010

Moving up to the mountain

I am up at 5 am to check the last few emails from work with several calls last night to Thailand,US, Brazil and Argentina. Lots going on there to keep up with over the next few weeks

Busy day yesterday with a visit to the pharmacy and boot shop. I had to buy a new pair of boots ( $500) for my work going up the mountain. Jim didn't want me to wear out my 8000 meter boots and i needed something a little lighter and cooler.

Hated to spend more money for this damn trip but you do what you gotta do while you are here.

Spent the day catching up with Martin. Really enjoyed that time.

Ok we are off to catch the plane today.

Let's hope it will be clear so we can go, Yesterday's 7:20 plan finally left @ 4:30 and this airport is not the one you want to spend all day in.

Sent 2 duffel's up to base camp so I have just my trekking gear. Looking forward to stretching the legs today for a few hours.

Take care

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and Godspeed Steve! Btw, it's nice to know you're "keeping it real" with the Mt. Dews. Haha! Wish you the best on the journey,

    Matt DeAntonio

    ReplyDelete