Friday, April 2, 2010

The Time has COME!!!!

Time is running out and I am ready to go. The last few weeks have been quite stressful with work,travel, saying goodbye to friends/family and the anticipation/preparation of the climb.

I got my satellite phone set up and downloaded my Internet connection this week so I should be ready to keep communication going while I am away.

Jim Williams ( my guide) emailed yesterday and told the the Heinz 57 and black pepper was heading up the mountain today. Got to have something when all the food starts tasting the same about week 3.I have a MT Dew for the summit day. I just hope I can hold off drinking it before then.

I have had quite a few restless nights over the past 2 weeks as I think about this climb that I have been anticipating for almost 3 years.

Believe me I have asked myself many times in the last couple weeks " What the Hell are you doing Steve" but I keep moving forward to this dream of mine.

I only wish that I could have some of my buddies with me that I have climbed with over the past 7 years but as I always say "It is what it is" and you have to deal with it but I will be thinking of all the times we had all over the world together.

I have had so many nice comments/emails from many of you and I hope it continues for the next few weeks to help me get to the top of this damn mountain and back home safely. Thanks for all of your support

No comments:

Post a Comment